Many startups tend to underestimate the real value of product design innovation in the early days of their business activities. It might be connected with a tight budget or simply they may not realize how important it is for their product to stand out in today’s competitive market. By and large, startups might derive the following benefits from investing in product design as early as possible:
- There is a better chance of developing brand loyalty and establishing positive connections with the potential customers. Many people tend to spend less time reading the contents of the product and may be willing to choose well-designed products in the first place; Especially when working with a reputable company like Sightbox.
- Customers that like the design of the product are likely to spend more by making regular choices of the same product and recommend it to their friends and relatives. Customers are becoming more careful with their choice nowadays, thus they might not put up with an averagely or poorly designed product any more;
- Startups may come up with an innovative method of designing in such a way that they will integrate their contact details in the design and encourage the customers to leave their feedback on product and service quality and designing. This will certainly bring the desired results as customers will not just stay as end users, but they will also act as co-designers of their favorite products too.
- Product design also involves problem solving and the startups themselves may have a chance of becoming more acquainted with the users of their products. This is a crucial element as they have to study their potential clients and think how and in what circumstances they will use it, whether it they will benefit from this particular product.
- You can also minimize possible risks or losses over the course of the business activities and reduce the side costs by investing in a decent product design.